Forestry & Woodland Management
Woodlands often represent different interests to different people. We specialise in devising holistic and comprehensive management strategies in consultation with our clients to achieve the desired outcomes. Multi-purpose woodlands may be managed for conservation, recreation, amenity, sporting or purely commercial timber production.
Having strong in-house expertise and good relationships with statutory and third sector stakeholders, we are well positioned to deliver the following services.
- Individual tree and woodland surveys
- Assessment of trees in relation to planning & development proposals (BS5837: 2012.Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction.)
- Advice and design services regarding the creation of new woodlands
- Preparation of Woodland Management Plans
- Grant applications and amendments (Countryside Stewardship Scheme and English Woodland Grant Scheme)
- Submitting/amending felling licences
- Engaging and overseeing forestry contractors
- Marketing timber
- Purchase, sale and valuation of woodlands
- Plant health / disease management – including responding to Statutory Plant Health Notices
- GIS Mapping of woodlands, including aerial photography