Both English and Scottish Basic Payment Entitlements are freely traded without land annually through our brokerage system. These may have become available through the sale, development or loss of eligible land and are now surplus to requirements.
H&H act as an intermediary between Vendors and Purchasers of Entitlements, negotiating purchase/sale prices, handling all the relevant paperwork and all the financial transactions through our RICS approved Client Account.
The Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) started in 2015 and following the UK's departure from the EU, will continue until 2027 albeit on a reducing scale over the seven-year agricultural transition period (2021 to 2027).
The trading period starts in the autumn and runs to the 15th May, the BPS claim deadline; we have both purchasers and sellers on our books for English and Scottish Entitlements.
Our services include:
- Advice on the sale, purchase or leasing of entitlements
- Assessing land eligibility and regional designation
- Matching requirements to available entitlements
- Brokerage of entitlement trades
- Completion of contracts
- Notification to Rural Payments Agency (RPA)/ Scottish Government Rural Payments and Inspections Directorate (SGRPID)
- Management of funds