Land at Leece, Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria
Land at Leece, Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria, LA12 0QU
An excellent block of Grade 3 meadow, pasture and arable land located to the west of Leece village adjacent to Hard Knotts Lane with good access. In all about 48.02 acres [19.44 ha]. TO BE SOLD BY PUBLIC AUCTION AT THE OLDE MILL, COAST ROAD, BARDSEA, LA12 9RB ON 3RD NOVEMBER 2021 2.30PM
- An excellent ring fenced block of agricultural land consisting of three fields. With good routes of access and multiple options of agricultural use, this is undoubtably and exciting opportunity to purchase good quality land.
- The land is located in between Barrow-in-Furness and Ulverston on the outskirts of the village of Leece with access via a track and direct roadside access.
- The land presents opportunity for both livestock grazing and arable cropping.
- The land benefits from stockproof boundaries.
- The majority of the land is sold with vacant possession, however there is currently an occupier over one of the fields. Vacant possession can be obtained once the crop is lifted.
- The land benefits from a natural water supply.
SUMMARY This sale will be of interest to farmers and landowners alike due to the highly productive potential of this land. With good routes of access and multiple options of agricultural use, this is undoubtably an exciting opportunity to purchase good quality land. The land is located in between Barrow-in-Furness and Ulverston on the outskirts of the village of Leece with access rights via a track adjacent to the road or directly from the roadside. The parcel of land consists of three sound fields, currently being farmed with different uses, which benefit from access to a natural water supply and stockproof boundary fencing. The land is sold with the benefit of vacant possession on completion. LAND A fantastic parcel of three fields with highly productive capabilities for mixed arable or grassland purposes extending to a total of 48.02 ac [19.44 ha] or thereabouts, as shown edged red on the attached Sale Plan. The land can be accessed directly from the roadside of Hard Knotts Lane, with two gated access points leading to Big Scarbarrow , one of which is via a sheep pen/holding area which is included in the sale of the land. Kell Head  can subsequently be accessed via this field. Flat Scarbarrow  is currently used for the cultivation of root crops, however these will be harvested before the completion of sale. The topography of the land varies from field to field; however, it generally slopes down towards the centre of Big Scarbarrow  where there is a stream running north to south which acts as the natural water supply. All field boundaries are stockproof, with gated access points within the block of land to each field. There are large electricity pylons located in fields Big Scarbarrow and Kell Head with overhead powerlines in places which can be seen on the Sale Plan. These are subject to wayleaves/easements in place from Electricity North West.
Floorplan not currently available.
EPC not currently available.
Calculate the monthly costs to you££%Years
* Required values
Please ensure the highlighted fields are valid numbers and the required fields are entered.
How much can I borrow?
These figures are not quotations or an offer of mortgage and should be used as a guide only.
The mortgage amount shown is intended as a guide only. The actual amount you will be able to borrow could be more or less than this figure and depends on your personal circumstances.