Launch of Lake District Farm - We announce the sale of a 500-acre Cumbrian livestock farm, six miles from Penrith
We are delighted to this week bring to the market the opportunity to acquire a successful livestock farm situated within the heart of the Lake District National Park. Extending to a total of 504.36 acres, Greenclose Farm is located within the Lake District National Park with excellent transport links to the M6 and A66 and, in addition to the extensive acreage, the sale also includes a variety of outbuildings along with a four bedroomed Grade II Listed farmhouse and field barns.
Greenclose Farm is a high quality and productive Cumbrian livestock farm and offers some potential for further development and diversification. As part of the farm, the seller is also offering 13 stints on Watermillock Common, with each stint offering the right to carry one cow, ½ horse or mare, 4 ewes and lambs or 6 geld sheep.
Greenclose Farm is being sold through the Carlisle office of H&H Land & Estates as a whole or in 6 lots, with an overall guide price of £3.19 million.
The land is registered for Basic Payment purposes, the entitlements for which are included in the sale. The land offers a superb quality mowing and grazing land, as well as allotment grazing land. There is an excellent range of traditional and modern buildings, including sheep pens and shed, a former dairy, workshops, cattle shed, and crop store. The range of buildings would provide extensive crop storage, as well as livestock housing. In addition, the stone barn, which measures 22.5m x 3.6m, would also lend itself well to residential conversion, subject to the correct planning consents.
Retaining many original features, the four-bedroom farmhouse sits at the heart of the farm. The
Commenting on the sale, Thomas Armstrong, Director & Chartered Surveyor said: “We are excited to bring to market a farm of such vast acreage. Farms of this size in this part of Cumbria being brought to the open market are increasingly few and far between. Greenclose Farm would be perfect for those seeking to extend their current acreages and the varied collection of outbuildings offer a wealth of potential.
“The land itself is of excellent quality and, being located within the Lake District National Park, Greenclose Farm offers buyers a stunning surrounding landscape. I believe it will attract a high level of interest given the current demand for farms we are seeing, from buyers both within and out-with the area.”
The Lots for the farm have been broken down as follows:
- Lot 1, with a guide price of £1.5 million, includes 154.39 acres of quality mowing and grazing land the farmhouse, steading, and a field barn.
- Lot 2, extending to 109.66 acres of mowing and grazing land, is being sold with a guide price of £750,000.
- Lot 3 consists of 48.85 acres of good quality mowing and grazing land, which benefits from a natural spring water supply. It is guided at £275,000.
- Lot 4 with a guide price of £165,000, includes 8.20 acres of land and a stone barn. Subject to all planning regulations, this has the potential for residential conversion.
- Lot 5 offers 47.62 acres of quality mowing and grazing land, with a guide price of £160,000.
- Lot 6 consists of 135.63 acres of allotment grazing land and is being marketed for £340,000.
H&H Land & Estates is one of the North’s largest firms of chartered surveyors and specialist rural advisors in the region. With clients across the North West and North East, the agency benefits from a number of offices currently with plenty of rural properties on the market. For further information or to arrange a viewing, which are strictly by appointment, please call the Carlisle office of H&H Land & Estates on: 01228 406274.